Built on the tenet "rooted in Yilan,ctivities embracing the world" and "academic globalization, service localization", the department has actively conducted many substantive academic cooperation programs and exchanged visits with renowned international institutions. The department encourages students to participate in international exchange aand graduate students to submit their contributions to international conferences so as to increase international exposure. In addition, to further enhance students' international perspectives and understand the current mainstream research directions in the world, we have also invited distinguished foreign scholars to give short lectures and advise our students on a regular basis. Faculty members have submitted research proposals to sponsoring agencies jointly with scholars affiliated with foreign universities. The department also organizes, in conjunction with Office of International Affairs, short-term international student visit and exchange. Interaction with local students is encouraged to promote mutual understanding and global thinking.
- May 2018: Congratulations to Jami Hema Ganesh, TEEP@India participant from Vel Tech, for being admitted to the Insitute of Communication Engineering Master Program, National Tsing-Hua University, Hsin Chu.
- May 2018: The department held a farewell party for TEEP students.
- March 2018: Students from three universities in the state of Kerala, India, led by Prof. Saju and Prof. Jose, arrived at the department for a week-long visit and academic exchange.
- March 2018: Mr. Yuan Guo, an exchange student from Beijing Jiaotong University, was admitted to University College London for academic year 2018.
- February 2018: NIU was awarded more than 54 million NT dollars for the Higher Education Deep Cultivation project by the Ministry of Education, including funding for international collaboration.
- January 2018: TEEP@Inida students arrived at the department.
- September 2017: Prof. Hwang-Cheng Wang won the Ministry of Education's TEEP @ India project and will invite three Indian students to the department to do short-term research for four months starting January 2018.
- September 2017: Prof. Chien-Wen Chiu presnted a paper on Circularly Polarized Tag Antenna on an AMC Substrate for Wearable UHF RFID Applications in an International Symposium in Italy.
- August 2017: Prof. Hwai-Tsu Hu and graduate students flew to Moscow, Russia to participate in the International Symposium ICICM2017 and presented a paper.
- August 2017: Prof. Jian-Yu Hsieh and graduate students flew to Tokyo to participate in the International Symposium IASTEM and presented a paper.
- June 2017: Prof. Ruei-Chang Lu went to Thailand to participate in the International Symposium ICATI2017 (International Conference on Advanced Technology Innovation) and presented a paper.
- April and June 2017: Prof. Shiou-Ying Cheng was invited to visit Putian University in Fujian Province of Mainland China for academic exchange.
- February 2017: Two students from LNMIIT (LNMIT) in India came to the department to do research on the Internet of Things under the supervision of Associate Professor Jie-Ren (Daniel) Chang.
- September 2016: Two professors from Techno India University were invited by Associate Professor Jie-Ren (Daniel) Chang to visit the department and signed an agreement of cooperation.
- September 2016: Two students from India, Jennifer and Jaishree, joined the graduate program of the department.
- September 2016: Prof. Hwai-Tsu Hu and graduate students participated in the 6th International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS) in Prague, Czech Republic and presented a paper
- August 2016: Dr. Hwang-Cheng Wang, Professor and Chair of the Department, was invited to visit LNMIIT, Jaipur, India for academic exchanges and potential collaboration.
- August 2014: Prof. Chien-Wen Chiu went to Guangzhou to participate in an International Symposium and presented a paper on the use of AMC for UHF RFID on-body Applications
(Prof. Ruei-Chang Lu attending ICATI conference in Thailand)
(Prof. F.C. Kuo [left] and Prof. H.T. Hu [right] attending conferences with students)
(Graduate students Jennifer and Jaishree attending international conference in Bern, Switzerland)
(Prof. Jian-Yu Hsieh and graduate students presenting research results in IASTEM international conference)
(Students displaying award won in the International Sensor and Microcomputer Innovative Application Contest)